Quad has serviced municipal and private de-icing accounts for more than 20 years. Our primary de-icing products are urea, potassium acetate and calcium chloride. Our niche is where our sales and customer service teams monitor customer inventories in tandem with local stocks and anticipated needs. We are available 24/7 to respond to de-icing needs for our customers and proud to solve problems by delivering emergency loads with short lead times. Quad will go the extra mile to get the business serviced, even when it means Quad arranging to have the warehouse parking lot plowed and cleared so the freight/hauler and warehouse manager can enter the premises for urgent pick-up.
Quad can offer formulations tailored to the needs of the customer, with blends of the following inorganic salts. We can deliver in bulk or in bags or bulk bags.
- Magnesium Chloride (MgCl2, often added to salt to lower its working temperature)
- Calcium Chloride (CaCl2, often added to salt to lower its working temperature)
- Potassium Chloride (KCl)
- Sodium Chloride (NaCl or rock salt; the most common de-icing chemical)
Depending the region of the customer, Quad offers the following products for de-icing.
- Calcium Magnesium Acetate (CaMg2(CH3COO)6)
- Potassium Acetate (CH3COOK)
- Potassium Formate (CHO2K)
- Sodium Formate (HCOONa)
- Calcium Formate (Ca(HCOO)2)
- Urea (CO(NH2)2, (a common fertilizer)also used as additives to sodium chloride)
- Methanol (CH4O)
- Ethanol (CH3CH2OH, often abbreviated as C2H5OH or C2H6
- Ethylene Glycol (C2H6O2)
- Propylene Glycol (C3H8O2)
- Glycerol (C3H8O3) (or glycerine, glycerin) is a simple polyol (sugar alcohol) compound